- Types of Information CollectedTraffic Data Collected
We may automatically track and collect the following information when you visit our Site, including your: (i) IP address; (ii) domain server; (iii) type of computer; and (iv) type of web browser (“collectively “Traffic Data”). Traffic Data is information that does not directly identify you but is useful in improving your experience on the Site.Personal Information Collected
In order for you to request free publications that we offer via the Site, or contact us, we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you (“Personal information”). Personal Information may include Contact Data (such as your name, mailing and e-mail addresses, telephone number, etc.). If you communicate with us by e-mail, or otherwise complete online forms, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. Any Personal Information sent to us should NOT be considered to be confidential information that will create any privileges.
- Uses of Information CollectedWe use Contact Data to send you information about the GIS Consortium, our services, promotional material such as newsletters or free publications, or to contact you only when you so request. We will not contact you unless you so request.
- Sharing of Personal Information
Although we are currently not sharing any collected data or information with any other parties, we may share such information for the purpose of providing you with any requested information, goods, or services, or to send information about additional goods or services. We may also share your information with or sell your information to a successor to or purchaser of our Site or business.
- User Choice Regarding Collection and Use of Personal InformationYou may choose not to provide us with any Personal Information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the Site. However, you will not be able to access and use those portions of the Site that require your Personal information. For example, you may not request publications from us, or send e-mail to us without providing personal information.
- Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information